Recipe of the Week
2 medium yellow onions, sliced
2 green peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced into strips
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chile powder, divided
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
1 quart vegetable or chicken broth
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
toasted corn tortillas strips
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
2 scallions, sliced
- In the sleeve of a slow cooker, add the onions, peppers, corn, tomatoes, garlic, 1 tablespoon chile powder, chipotle, and broth. Season with and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with cheese & scallions and serve.
APPLE WALDORF SALAD INGREDIENTS
2 cups chopped apples, red & green varieties
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sliced Marischino cherries
1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon agave
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Blend Greek yogurt, agave and lemon juice. Whisk together.
3. Coat fruit mixture with yogurt; mix well.
4. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.